ADVERTISMENT FOR BIDS/SPECIFICATIONS
Lake Cumberland Housing Agency, Inc. will be accepting sealed bids for Plumtree Apartments, 52 Turpen Court, and Royal Lodge Apartments, 132 Lookout Street in Somerset for the following:
CONTRACT 1: PREPARE SUBFLOOR AND INSTALL NEW RESILIENT VINYL FLOORING THROUGHOUT ALL AREAS OF BUILDINGS AS SPECIFIED. VINYL STAIR TREADS AND RISERS SHALL REMAIN. REPLACE CARPET ON STAIR LANDINGS WITH SPECIFIED VINYL FLOORING. FURNACE CLOSETS IN UNIT APARTMENTS, COMMON MECHANICAL ROOMS, UTILITY ROOMS AND ELEVATOR EQUIPMENT ROOM WILL NOT RECEIVE NEW FLOORING.
CONTRACT 1 – DEDUCTIVE ALTERNATE: INSTALL COMMERICAL GRADE VINYL PLANK WITH A WOOD VISUAL AND NON-GLUE, CLICK-LOCK INSTALLATION METHOD, AS SPECIFIED, THROUGHOUT ALL AREAS OF THE BUILDING.
CONTRACT 2: PROVIDE AND INSTALL NEW KITCHEN CABINETS AND LAMINATE COUNTERTOPS IN UNIT KITCHENS AND COMMON AREA KITCHENS AS INDICATED IN DRAWINGS AND SPECIFIED. CABINETS: OAK WITH STAINED FINISH, SHAKER STYLE DOORS; COUNTERTOPS: LAMINATE FROM MANUFACTURER’S STANDARD FINISHES
CONTRACT 2 – DEDUCTIVE ALTERNATE: PROVIDE (37) NEW BATHROOM VANITIES WITH ONE-PIECE TOP AT ALL STANDARD AND MANAGER UNITS. ADA UNITS DO NOT RECEIVE NEW VANITY CABINET/TOP. CABINETS: OAK WITH STAINED FINISH, SHAKER STYLE DOORS; VANITY TOP: WHITE MARBLE-LOOK TOP.
CONTRACT 3: PROVIDE AND INSTALL NEW LIGHT FIXTURES AS SCHEDULED AND INDICATED ON ELECTRICAL PLAN SHEET. POLE IN PLUM TREE PARKING LOT TO REMAIN BUT NEW FIXTURE HEAD AND INSTALLATION TO BE INCLUDED IN BID.
CONTRACT 4: REPAIR AND PAINT CEILINGS, WALLS INTERIOR DOORS AND TRIM THROUGHOUT BOTH BUILDINGS. PAINT ALL WALLS, CEILINGS, DOORS AND WOOD TRIM SURFACES AS SPECIFIED. WOOD TRIM INCLUDES ALL DOOR FRAMES, WOOD BASE THROUGHOUT, ALL WINDOW SILLS, WALL CAP AT STAIR C (PLUM TREE), CHAIR RAILING AT SITTING AND DINING ROOM (ROYAL LODGE), STAIR SKIRTING (PLUM TREE), WAINSCOTING AT ENTRY HALLS (BOTH BUILDINGS), AND ANY MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS.
CONTRACT 4 – DEDUCTIVE ALTERNATE: SAND, CLEAN, PRIME AND PAINT ALL EXTERIOR EXISTING DOORS THAT ARE NOT BEING REPLACED.
CONTRACT 5: REPLACE EXISTING HVAC SYSTEM AS INDICATED IN DRAWINGS.
CONTRACT 6: PROVIDE AND DELIVER ALL NEW APPLIANCES FOR UNIT AND COMMON KITCHENS. PROVIDE UNIT PRICING FOR EACH APPLIANCE. REVIEWED EQUAL APPLIANCES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- (Qty. 42) Unit Refrigerator – Whirlpool #WRT312CZJW, 11.6 cu.ft. top-freezer refrigerator, 24″ wide, color white. No ice-maker. Energy Star certified.
- (Qty. 3) Manager Unit & Common Kitchen Refrigerator – Whirlpool #WRT134TFDW, 14.3 cu.ft. top-freezer refrigerator, 28″ wide, color white. No ice-maker. Energy Star certified.
- (Qty. 45) Unit & Common Kitchen Range – Whirlpool #WFC315SOJW, 30″ 4-element 4.8 cu.ft. freestanding, self-cleaning electric range, color white.
- (Qty. 45) Unit & Common Kitchen Range Hood – Whirlpool #UXT4030ADW,
- (Qty.)30″ ductless undercabinet range hood with charcoal filter, 2-speed 190 cfm, color white.
- (Qty. 3) Common Kitchen Dishwasher – Whirlpool #WDF330PAHW, 55-decibel front control built-in dishwasher, 24″ wide, color white. Energy Star certified
Sealed bids should be labeled “Lake Cumberland Housing Agency, Inc. Renovations”
Bids will be received at P.O. Box 440, Jamestown, KY or in the drop box located at 69 Herriford Curve, Jamestown, KY until 10:30 a.m. Central time on Wednesday April, 21 2021. Please include your email address to link to the zoom bid opening
Federal Wage Rates apply to this project.
Lake Cumberland Housing Agency, Inc. reserves the right to accept or reject any and/or all bids.
LCHA will be closed in observances of the Holidays listed below:
- New Year’s Day – plus 1
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Good Friday – afternoon
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving – plus 1
- Christmas- plus 1
Lake Cumberland Housing Agency, Inc.
Lake Cumberland Housing Agency, Inc. owns, manages and operates properties and programs designed to provided safe, decent and affordable housing in the Lake Cumberland region.
Applications may be obtained by contacting the office 270-343-4740. Section 8 applications are also available at the various complex property locations.
Elderly Complexes – Studio and One Bedroom Units
- Beech Valley Manor – Monticello, KY
- Burkesville Manor – Burkesville, KY
- Greystone Manor – Somerset, KY
- Pine Knot Manor- Pine Knot, KY
- Westbrooke Apartments – Somerset,
Multi Family/Transitional – One, Two and Three Bedroom Units
- Cumberland Manor – Somerset, KY
- The Inn – Russell Springs, KY
- Campbellsville House – Campbellsville, KY
Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Provides vouchers to eligible households to pay rent to private landlords
Healthy Elderly Living Program (H.E.L.P.)
- Recently purchase and renovating Plumtree and Royal Lodge apartments. Once completed will be partnering with various entities to provide on site services for tenants.
**Waiting list is OPEN for all properties and the Housing Choice Voucher Program