SECTION 8 PARTICIPANT
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I certify that I have been briefed on the items listed below and I understand the obligations of a Section 8 Voucher Participant.
I have attended a briefing session and understand the regulations of the program.
1. I understand that I must supply such certification, release of information, or documentation as the Section 8 office or HUD determines to be necessary, including submission of required evidence of citizenship or eligible immigration status, and submissions required for an annual or interim re-examination of family income and composition. I will keep appointments and provide family income information and all other records required in the time frame set by the LCHA office. If unable to keep
any appointment with the LCHA staff for an annual review, unit inspection, or any other type of appointment, I must call at least one day in advance to request that the appointment be rescheduled.
2. I understand that I must disclose and verify social security numbers and sign and submit consent forms for obtaining information.
3. I will supply any information requested by the LCHA office to verify that the family is living in the unit or information related to family absence from the unit.
4. I will promptly notify the LCHA office in writing when the family has been or intends to be away from the unit for at least 30 days or if any family member no longer lives in the unit.
5. I will permit the rental unit to be inspected by the Section 8 office at a reasonable time and after reasonable notice.
6. I will give the Section 8 office and my landlord a written 30-day notice if moving after one year. I will not move from the unit until I have received approval from the LCHA.
7. My rental unit will be occupied solely by those persons listed on the application for eligibility for Housing Assistance Payments, and as the family’s only place of residence. Only the persons listed in the lease may reside in the unit. No other person may reside in the unit without prior approval by the owner and LCHA.
8. I will promptly notify the LCHA office in writing of the birth, adoption or court awarded custody of a child.
9. I will give the LCHA office a copy of any owner eviction notice immediately upon receiving the notice. I will attend all required appointments and will not move from the unit without approval from the LCHA.
10. I will be responsible for paying family’s portion of the rent on the first day of each month and will pay the utilities and supply appliances that the owner is not required to supply under the lease.
11. I understand that I or no member of the household shall own or have any interest in the dwelling unit.
12. I understand that I or no member of the household must commit serious or repeated violations of the lease.
13. I understand that I or no member of the household shall commit any fraud, bribery or any other corrupt or criminal act in connection with the Section 8 program.
14. I understand that I or no member of the household must participate in illegal drug-related criminal activity or violent criminal activity.
15. I understand that I must not sub-lease or assign the lease or transfer the unit.
16. I understand that I cannot receive Section 8 tenant-based program housing assistance while receiving another housing subsidy, for the same unit or a different unit under any Federal, State or local housing assistance program.
17. I will keep the unit safe, decent and sanitary at all times. I will not damage the unit or premises (other than damage from normal wear and tear), or permit any guest to damage the unit or premises.
18. I will report all money earned or received by everyone living in the household. This includes money from wages, self-employment, child support, deferred child support, contributions, Social Security, Social Security Back Pay, Disability payments, Workman’s Compensation Retirement benefits, K-TAP, Veterans benefits, rental property income, stock dividends, oil royalties, interest from bank accounts, alimony, grants, any money or property disposed of in the past two years and all other sources.
19. I will see that my utilities are on at all times if I am responsible for them.
20. I will report any needed repairs to the landlord immediately. If the landlord fails to make the repairs when required, I will notify the LCHA. Family will be responsible for repairs due to abuse or neglect by family and visitors.
21. I will report any change in utilities provided by the landlord, any Housing Quality Standard violations that the landlord refuses to repair, or any rent charges by the landlord that is not required by the Section 8 office.
22. I understand if I have any change of income or family composition, it must be reported to the Section 8 office in writing within seven (7) days.
23. I will repay the Section 8 Program any amounts for rental assistance overpaid on my behalf due to misrepresentation of income or household composition.
24. I will not (nor will any members of my household) threaten or use abusive language towards any employee of the LCHA.
W A R N I N G:
You can be fined up to $500.00 or imprisoned up to five (5) years or both.
Kentucky Revised Statute 514.040 Theft by Deception makes it a crime to knowingly give false information to get into housing, to get a lower rent, or to receive aid or benefits under any state or federally funded assistance program.
BE SURE TO GIVE US THE CORRECT INFORMATION!!
I understand that a violation of any of the above items is grounds to terminate assistance and lose my eligibility for Rental Assistance. I also understand that all information I supply must be true and complete.
I have read the above statement or it has been read to me and I fully understand it.